T-Mobile Gives Man Zimmerman’s Old Phone Number – Dead Druggie’s Supporters No Different Than He Was, Calling Day And Night Thinking They Are Threatening Zimmerman’s Life

June 8, 2012

FLORIDA – At age 49, Junior Alexander Guy got his first cell phone last month. The calls started immediately.

Strangers called at all hours. Some were insulting. Others angry. Sometimes, they threatened him.

“You murderer!”

“You deserve to die!”

By Day 2 he figured out what was going on: T-Mobile had given him the phone number formerly used by George Zimmerman, the Neighborhood Watch volunteer who fatally shot Trayvon Martin in February.

The number —407-435-2400 — was the one Zimmerman spelled out to a police dispatcher in a recorded call the night of the shooting that has since been widely circulated by news organizations and is available on the Internet.

Guy, who works at an Orlando wastewater plant, said his phone rang around the clock.

“At 2 o’clock, 3 o’clock in the morning I kept getting these,” he said.

He estimates he received 70 threatening calls.

He has moved out of his home and relocated his mother, who had lived with him, to a different location, he said.

“I was not only afraid for my life, I was afraid for my mother’s,” he said.

He got the phone May 7. On May 16, he turned the phone over to Orlando lawyer Robert Trimble. Since then, the phone has been in Trimble’s safe.

The lawyer has asked T-Mobile to pay damages. He would not say how much.

T-Mobile has said no, according to its top lawyer, Aram Meade.

“They’re not looking to provide my client any compensation for what they’ve exposed him to,” Trimble complained.

Meade said his company had offered to change the number, something that happened Thursday, the same day Trimble requested it.

Also Thursday, the company retired the number, said Glenn Zaccara, a company spokesman. And it provided an account credit and waived an early termination fee, he wrote in an email.

Guy had never had a cell phone, in part, because he got out of prison last year after serving 19 years on a cocaine trafficking charge. It was his third time in state prison, according to Florida Department of Corrections records.

Criminal history or no criminal history, Trimble said, Guy was given Zimmerman’s old phone number, and evidence supports his claim that he was being pummeled by harassing calls.

“I’m asking them for a fair and reasonable sum,” Trimble said.

The 28-year-old Zimmerman is currently in the Seminole County Jail, awaiting trial on a second-degree murder charge.

Appeared Here

Advertisements

Dumbass New Haven Connecticut Police Officer Sgt. Chris Rubino Arrested Woman Who Videotaped An Arrest, Took Her Phone

June 6, 2012

NEW HAVEN, CONNECTICUT — New Haven police have launched an internal affairs investigation into the arrest of a woman who had been videotaping an officer take a Bridgeport man into custody outside a bar.

Jennifer Gondola’s arrest, first reported by the New Haven Independent newspaper, occurred early Saturday morning outside the Pulse bar.

Gondola told the newspaper she was charged with interfering with police after stuffing the cell phone she used to tape the arrest inside her bra. The phone was confiscated.

Lt. Anthony Duff says the department is investigating whether police Sgt. Chris Rubino violated the department’s rule that allows bystanders to film arrests.

Officer Arpad Tolnay, president of the police union, told the New Haven Register the sergeant concluded the video was evidence and properly seized the phone.

Appeared Here


FBI Can’t Crack Pimp’s Samsung Android Based Phone

March 17, 2012

CALIFORNIA – The FBI is asking for Google’s help after being unable to crack the code for an Android phone belonging to a convicted San Diego pimp.

Law enforcement computer experts were unable to get past the phone’s password and need the information inside it for their case.

The FBI has a warrant to unlock the phone that was confiscated from accused pimp Dante Dears just months after he was released from prison. Dears is accused of quote “telephone pimping” to get around his GPS/electronic monitor.

A founding member of the prostitution ring “Pimpin’ Hoes Daily” – Dante Dears went to prison in 2005.

But, in May of last year he got out – moved into an apartment complex and according to the FBI – started pimping again, this time using his phone to call the shots while avoiding strict supervision.
Photos and Videos
Weird News Photos
PHOTOS
Weird News Photos
Rock Stars: Then and Now
PHOTOS
Rock Stars:
Then and Now
More Photos and Videos

One problem – when agents seized his Samsung phone just like this one – they couldn’t crack his modern pattern lock password – entering repeated incorrect patterns caused the phone to lock out.

“Up until very recently, I’ve not heard of law enforcement not being able to crack any sort of password code,” said former federal prosecutor Jon Kirby. He’d heard this day was coming when consumer phones could stump the experts.

With Dears not cooperating, the FBI was forced to get a search warrant asking Google to turn over the phone’s information.

San Diego attorneys who deal with privacy issues – say the tech giant gets requests like this all the time, but will only comply with an authentic search warrant to avoid violating customer rights and getting sued.

“If Google believes the search warrant is authentic and has no reason not to comply since a criminal process has been complied with in this case, I would assume they would,” said media lawyer Guylyn. “Google is very protective of their customers as far as information goes.”

But, this is one customer according to the experts where that doesn’t seem to be the case.

A Google spokesperson said they comply with valid legal process.

“Whenever we receive a request we make sure it meets both the letter and spirit of the law before complying,” they said. “If we believe a request is overly broad, we will seek to narrow it.”

Appeared Here


Innocent Teen Jailed By Nutcase UK Police After Turning In Lost Cell Phone – Charged With "Theft By Finding"

April 1, 2009

UK – A college student who found a mobile phone while out celebrating his 18th birthday was arrested after handing it in to police.

Teenager Paul Leicester was arrested for ‘theft by finding’ and detained for four hours.

The Southport College A-level student eventually had the case against him withdrawn but said it was a ‘shocking experience’.

Paul Leicester was arrested after handing in a mobile phone that he found

Paul said: ‘Being arrested isn’t a way to celebrate your 18th birthday. What are you supposed to do when you find a phone? I told the last caller I would drop it off at the police station the next day. But they arrested me for theft by finding.’

The teenager was kept by Merseyside Police in Southport police station for four hours and had his fingerprints taken, along with a DNA swab and a photo for police records.

Officers then grilled him for 15 minutes about the alleged ‘theft’.

Paul, who is of good character, has a Saturday job at a jewellers and is held in high regard by his teachers.

The former Birkdale High School student, who lives in Seaforth, added: ‘I want people to be aware of what happened. I thought I was doing the right thing and had it thrown back in my face.

‘I would not go to the police in future. I would arrange for it to be collected by the last caller. All I was doing was the honest thing. It was a shocking experience.’

Paul’s father Vinnie Leicester, 37, said: ‘I’m disgusted and angry. It should never have happened. Paul’s mum and I have brought him up the right way. It’s ridiculous.’

A police spokesman explained the complaint of theft was subsequently withdrawn and Paul was released without charge.

Sefton Area Commander, Chief Supt Ian Pilling, said: ‘Merseyside Police has contacted Mr Leicester in relation to the incident and he does not wish to make a complaint against the police. As a matter of course we are reviewing the circumstances of the arrest.’

Appeared Here


Innocent Teen Jailed By Nutcase UK Police After Turning In Lost Cell Phone – Charged With "Theft By Finding"

April 1, 2009

UK – A college student who found a mobile phone while out celebrating his 18th birthday was arrested after handing it in to police.

Teenager Paul Leicester was arrested for ‘theft by finding’ and detained for four hours.

The Southport College A-level student eventually had the case against him withdrawn but said it was a ‘shocking experience’.

Paul Leicester was arrested after handing in a mobile phone that he found

Paul said: ‘Being arrested isn’t a way to celebrate your 18th birthday. What are you supposed to do when you find a phone? I told the last caller I would drop it off at the police station the next day. But they arrested me for theft by finding.’

The teenager was kept by Merseyside Police in Southport police station for four hours and had his fingerprints taken, along with a DNA swab and a photo for police records.

Officers then grilled him for 15 minutes about the alleged ‘theft’.

Paul, who is of good character, has a Saturday job at a jewellers and is held in high regard by his teachers.

The former Birkdale High School student, who lives in Seaforth, added: ‘I want people to be aware of what happened. I thought I was doing the right thing and had it thrown back in my face.

‘I would not go to the police in future. I would arrange for it to be collected by the last caller. All I was doing was the honest thing. It was a shocking experience.’

Paul’s father Vinnie Leicester, 37, said: ‘I’m disgusted and angry. It should never have happened. Paul’s mum and I have brought him up the right way. It’s ridiculous.’

A police spokesman explained the complaint of theft was subsequently withdrawn and Paul was released without charge.

Sefton Area Commander, Chief Supt Ian Pilling, said: ‘Merseyside Police has contacted Mr Leicester in relation to the incident and he does not wish to make a complaint against the police. As a matter of course we are reviewing the circumstances of the arrest.’

Appeared Here