UK Prime Minister David Cameron And Wife Left 8 Year Old Daughter In A Bar – Didn’t Miss Her Until They Arrived Home Without Her

June 11, 2012

UK – Prime Minister David Cameron left his eight-year-old daughter in a pub following a Sunday lunch, after a mix-up with his wife Samantha.

The couple’s daughter Nancy wandered off to the toilets while they were arranging lifts and they only realised she was not with them when they got home, The Sun said.

Mr Cameron rushed back to the Plough Inn in Cadsden, Bucks, where he found his daughter with staff.

A Downing Street spokesman said: “The Prime Minister and Samantha were distraught when they realised Nancy wasn’t with them.

“Thankfully when they phoned the pub she was there safe and well. The Prime Minister went down straight away to get her.”

Downing Street said the incident happened “a couple of months ago”.

The Camerons were at the Plough Inn – near the Prime Minister’s country retreat Chequers – with Nancy and their other children Arthur, six, and 22-month-old Florence, as well as two other families.

When Mr Cameron left the pub he went home in one car with his bodyguards and thought Nancy was with his wife and their other children in another car. Mrs Cameron had assumed her eldest daughter was with her father.

The mistake was only discovered when they got home.

Mr Cameron drove back to the pub and found Nancy helping staff. She was away from her parents for about 15 minutes.

Appeared Here


Marriage Wrecker: More Than 30% Of UK Divorce Filings Last Year Contained The Word “Facebook”

May 22, 2012

UK – Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg changed his status to “married” Saturday and received over one million “likes” from his followers. But the site he founded isn’t always so marriage-friendly. In fact, lawyers say the social network contributes to an increasing number of marriage breakups.

More than a third of divorce filings last year contained the word Facebook, according to a U.K. survey by Divorce Online, a legal services firm. And over 80% of U.S. divorce attorneys say they’ve seen a rise in the number of cases using social networking, according to the American Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers. “I see Facebook issues breaking up marriages all the time,” says Gary Traystman, a divorce attorney in New London, Conn. Of the 15 cases he handles per year where computer history, texts and emails are admitted as evidence, 60% exclusively involve Facebook.

“Affairs happen with a lightning speed on Facebook,” says K. Jason Krafsky, who authored the book “Facebook and Your Marriage” with his wife Kelli. In the real world, he says, office romances and out-of-town trysts can take months or even years to develop. “On Facebook,” he says, “they happen in just a few clicks.” The social network is different from most social networks or dating sites in that it both re-connects old flames and allows people to “friend” someone they may only met once in passing. “It puts temptation in the path of people who would never in a million years risk having an affair,” he says. Facebook declined to comment.

Even when extra-marital affairs develop with no help from Facebook, experts say the site provides a deceptively comfortable forum for people to let off steam about their lives and inadvertently arouse the suspicions of spouses. “The difference with Facebook is it feels safe, innocent and private,” says Randy Kessler, an Atlanta, Ga.-based lawyer and current chair of the family law section of the American Bar Association. (See Facebook and Divorce Discussed in WSJ.) “People put an enormous amount of incriminating stuff out there voluntarily.” It could be something as innocuous as a check-in at a restaurant, he says, or a photograph posted online.

When couples do end up in divorce court, lawyers say Facebook posts are used to determine alimony and child custody. Last year, a superior district court judge in Connecticut ordered a divorcing couple to hand over the passwords of their respective Facebook to the other’s lawyers. Kessler says it’s an extremely useful vehicle to gather evidence. “It helps me cross-examine a witness,” he says. Any pattern of behavior that’s recorded on Facebook relating to parenting skills, excessive partying or even disparaging remarks about a spouse that violates a court order could be admissible in court. Of course, it’s not Facebook’s fault it’s being dragged through divorce court, he says, “It’s the people who use it.”

Appeared Here


Gang Of 20 Hooded Savage Black Beasts With Clubs And Knives Stormed North London UK Bar, Dragged Random Man Outside And Stabbed Him To Death

May 22, 2012

NORTH LONDON, UK – A gang of 20 hooded youths stormed a pub after the Champions League final before dragging away a 25-year old man and stabbing him to death in scenes ‘like a horror film’, friends said today.

‘True gent’ Luke Fitzpatrick was killed and his father Bernard, who threw himself on top of his son in a desperate attempt to shield him, remains in a critical condition in hospital after being stabbed four times.

The pair were attacked when a gang armed with bats and knives stormed the north London pub after father and son had watched Chelsea win the cup together at on Saturday.

A forensic tent remained at the scene of the tragedy just yards from the pub near his Dollis Hill home.

Friend Katy McKeon, 22, who has known him growing up, said: ‘Luke was one of the nicest guys around, always looking after people, he actually cared about people, a really nice, funny guy.

‘The amount of flowers that are here just shows how loved he was, this has ruined this community.

‘I was there on Saturday and it was like something out of a horror film.

‘There were about 20 young black guys all with their hoods up armed with sticks and bats and knives. They just ran in the pub and started trying to attack people.

‘It was really frightening. But it should not have happened to Luke, it shouldn’t have happened to anyone, but he was a complete innocent.’

His mother Constance, 56, and brother Ryan, 21, were in Majorca and had to rush home.

Bernard, 56, is out of intensive care and has mumbled a few words but is not fully conscious, Miss McKeon said.

She added: ‘He was just watching the football, but it had nothing to do with the game – Luke was an Arsenal fan.

‘Everyone in the pub knows each other, we all grew up together, we are a really close community.

‘It was such a good atmosphere in the pub then within a minute it was changed by a minority just looking for trouble.

‘A couple of them had tried to start an argument with someone in the shop about two hours before this happened, but it was nothing to do with Luke.

‘Then they rounded all their mates up and stormed the pub. I didn’t see exactly what happened to Luke, but at 17 why have they got knives? It is disgusting. He was a true gent.’

Three people including two 17-year-olds were arrested and have since been bailed. Today a fourth man remained in custody after being arrested an address in Wembley yesterday.

The gang of youths often hung around the shops where the argument took place and three weeks ago an elderly man had been punched in the face as he got off a bus, she said.

Luke’s best friend, Ricci Whiteside, 25, said: ‘There was an argument in the shop opposite the pub at half-time.

‘Luke wasn’t anything to do with it, but we all heard that something had gone on.

‘A group of black guys arrived at the door of the pub with bats and knives and they were looking for someone who had been outside the shop earlier.

‘People were throwing chairs at the door to try and stop them from coming in.

‘There was a lot of confusion. They got Luke and dragged him outside. They were pulling him up the road.

‘His dad was running after them. But by the time he got to Luke he was already on the floor. Bernie threw himself on top of Luke. He was trying to protect him, but it was too late.”

Tess Fitzpatrick, Bernard’s sister, said: ‘The men who came for Luke were like a pack of wolves. My brother ran after them as they were dragging Luke up the street.

‘He covered him with his body, but they had already stabbed Luke all over.’

Pal of the roofer Michael O’Rourke, 25, added: ‘There is not one person who would say one bad word about him, he was one of the most loved people here.

‘He had never done a bad thing in his life but he can’t even go to the pub with his dad and have a pint without getting murdered. Luke was just the nicest guy you could imagine, an absolute gent.

‘Bad things happen to good people. None of the scum bags who did this could ever live up to our friend. It is heartbreaking, absolutely heartbreaking.’

Appeared Here


UK Police Investigate 3 Year Old’s Birthday Party After Mom Tried To Light Candles On Birthday Cake

May 15, 2012

UK – Natasha Bent tried to light the candles on a home-made cake for little Oscar Barlow.

But workers intervened and said the ceremony had to be SUPERVISED by one of them.

They also insisted it must be held in a specific area of the Rumble Tumble play centre in Hanley, Staffs, due to health and safety regulations.

An argument broke out and Natasha, 27, and her family were forced to light the candles in the car park.

Things got worse when police arrived on the scene after a female worker claimed she had been intimidated.

Natasha said: “All we wanted to do was sing Happy Birthday and have Oscar blow out the candles. We tried to reason with a staff member, but she said we were bullying her and told us to leave. Oscar and the other children cried when the police came.”

Natasha’s partner David Meir, 32, said: “I laughed when the police said we’d been accused of intimidation. We weren’t acting aggressively.”

A Staffordshire Police spokeswoman said: “Advice was given to all involved.” Rumble Tumble declined to comment.

Appeared Here


War Zone: UK Military Deploys 13,500 Soldiers, Surface To Air Missles In Parks And On Top Of Residences, Painful Sonic Device With 3km Range, Helicopters, And Fighter Jets For Olympic Games In London

May 12, 2012

LONDON, UK – Britain’s military will be armed with a sonic device that can be used as a high-volume loudspeaker or a non-lethal weapon to disperse crowds at this summer’s Olympic Games in London, the defence ministry said on Friday.

The equipment, which can project a piercing sound over hundreds of metres causing physical pain, has been used during protests at the G20 summit in Pittsburgh in 2009 and against pirates operating off the Somali coast.

The Ministry of Defence said it expected to use it primarily in loudspeaker mode to communicate with boats it wants to stop on the River Thames.

Defence chiefs have already caused controversy by announcing plans to put surface-to-air missiles on the top of residential buildings near the Olympics site in east London.

Fighter jets roared over the capital and helicopters were seen hovering over the Houses of Parliament this month during a nine-day military exercise to prepare for Britain’s biggest peacetime security operation.

The LRAD (Long Range Acoustic Device), made by U.S. company LRAD Corporation, can be mounted on the side of a ship or on the top of a vehicle. Some versions are roughly the same size and shape as a dustbin lid.

It can generate noises up to around 150 decibels, similar to a gunshot, and has a maximum range of 3 km or 1.8 miles.

The device can also emit a warning alarm that sounds like a police siren and “potentially prevents the use of harmful or deadly force”, LRAD says on its website.

Police and military planners say they are preparing for a range of security threats at the Olympics including protesters trying to disrupt events and attacks using hijacked airliners.

Around 13,500 soldiers will help the police during the Games, which run from July 27 to Aug. 12.

Appeared Here


Manchester UK Police And Prosecutors Didn’t Investigate Gang Of Asians Raping White Children For Fear Of Being Racist – 50 Victims Passed Around While Police Did Nothing

May 9, 2012

MANCHESTER, UK – The nine men from Rochdale were yesterday convicted of abusing five vulnerable teenagers after plying them with alcohol, food and small sums of money in return for sex.

However, the true number of victims, who were “passed around” by the gang, is likely to be nearer to 50, police have admitted.

Greater Manchester Police and the Crown Prosecution Service have now apologised after they failed to bring the case of the first victim – Girl A – to trial following her cry for help in August 2008.

One 13 year-old victim became pregnant and had the child aborted while another was forced to have sex with 20 men in one night, Liverpool Crown Court heard.

Complaints to social workers and the police were ignored because they were “petrified of being called racist”, former Labour MP for Keighley Ann Cryer said.

Mrs Cryer, who has campaigned to bring the issue of Asian sex gangs to light, said the girls had been “betrayed” and condemned to “untold misery” by the police and social services.

“This is an absolute scandal. They were petrified of being called racist and so reverted to the default of political correctness,” she said.

“They had a greater fear of being perceived in that light than in dealing with the issues in front of them.”

Girl A told police that she had been raped and provided DNA evidence from her attacker, however the CPS twice decided not to prosecute him.

The 15 year-old’s abuse continued and at its height she was being driven to flats and houses to be raped by up to five men a night, four or five days a week. She was singled out because she was white, vulnerable and under-age.

Her ordeal only ended when her teachers forced social workers to intervene after she fell pregnant and they became concerned by the number of Asian men picking her up from school.

Girl A said that in a six-hour interview she gave police details about her abusers and where the attacks took place. Crucially, too, she handed officers underwear that proved she had been raped by two men in a single attack.

“I hoped they were going to do something and it would stop,” she said.

“But it just carried on. It just started again with different men and more men this time, and that’s when it started becoming up to five men a day”.

Kabeer Hassan, Abdul Aziz, Abdul Rauf, Mohammed Sajid, Adil Khan, Abdul Qayyum, Mohammed Amin, Hamid Safi and a 59-year-old man who cannot be named for legal reasons were yesterday found guilty of running a child exploitation ring at Liverpool Crown Court.

Greater Manchester Police is now being investigated by the IPCC over the failings of its first investigation in 2008.

When GMP did finally pass a file on Girls A’s rape to the CPS the following year, a Crown lawyer decided not to charge anyone because he said she would not be a sufficiently credible witness to put before a jury. A second CPS lawyer backed that opinion.

It was only after social workers notice an upsurge in cases of child grooming that police reinvestigated and made a series of arrests which led to yesterday’s convictions.

It can be reported that the trial was delayed by two weeks when two Asian barristers quit the case due to intimidation by far right groups outside Liverpool Crown Court.

And a tweet from BNP leader Nick Griffin almost caused the trial to collapse when it led to allegations of the jury having a “far-right bias”.

Assistant Chief Constable Steve Heywood acknowledged that officers could have dealt with the case “better than we did”.

But he denied that the girl’s complaints had been “brushed under the carpet” because officers were reluctant to confront the issue of race.

“At the time we did what we thought was best,” he said. “We have learned a lot of lessons.

“The issue here is genuinely about vulnerability. It just happens that they are Asian men. In no way did we sweep it under the carpet.”

Steve Garner, head of children’s services at Rochdale Council, denied the teenager had been let down by his department.

“No,” he said. “I think it’s really important to remember that what we know now and what we knew in 2008 is very, very different and what we have done is put the lessons in place”.

Rochdale MP Simon Danczuk said: “What’s become clear is that if police had acted seriously on these concerns in 2008 many of the victims of this appalling case would not have had to go through such horrific trauma.

“It is simply unacceptable that these young women were let down in this way by people they should have been able to trust.”

Appeared Here


UK Border Agency Computer System Goes Down, Creating Huge Backlog For Workers, Students, And Visitors

May 4, 2012

UK – A computer crash yesterday left hundreds of UK workers, students and visitors without valid residence permits, creating a month-long backlog for Blighty’s immigration staff to clear.

IT systems at the Border Agency have reportedly suffered outages for the past few weeks, but on Thursday the organisation’s Croydon office completely crashed. People queuing for appointments to get biometric visas and permits, which allow them to stay in Britain, had to be sent home – some reportedly in tears – and they now face the possibility of not being able to travel until their documents are in order.

According to the Guardian, folks were not allowed to rebook on the spot but were made to go home and reapply online.

The freeze-up at Lunar House has had a knock-on effect on Border Agency appointments elsewhere as all available slots are booked up for the next three weeks.

Some applicants complained that the location of new appointments were at the far end of the country. Even people who had paid £1,324 for a 24-hour visa turnarounds were put back into the system and face waits of several weeks.

Biz bosses with foreign workers on their books said the system was not fit for purpose and that the snafu has raised concerns about the Border Agency’s ability to cope with the 2012 Olympics.

The biometric residence permit system in Croydon was supplied as part of the Immigration and Asylum Biometric System (IABS) contract, which involves services and technology from IBM, Fujitsu, CSC, Atos Origin and Sagem Sécurité (SAFRAN Group).

In a statement to El Reg, the UK Border Agency said:

We are experiencing some IT problems in our Croydon Public Enquiry office which we are working to resolve as soon as possible.

In order to complete cases that have been affected, we will be reducing the number of daily appointments until 18 May.

Appeared Here